Information for Canadian IEEE Sections
The foundation asks all Sections to help us publicize our activities to
student branches in the following ways:
The IEEE Canadian Foundation promotes active student branches,
rewards IEEE student volunteer efforts with individual scholarships and
funding for interesting projects, and adds value to the IEEE experience.
These activities promote IEEE membership. We hope you will make our
activities an integral part of your Section membership development
- Place a link on your Section web site to www.ieeecanadianfoundation.org
- Ask your student leaders to add this link to their branch web sites.
- Ask your student leaders to use our web site to update information about their branch using our on-line form.
- Remind your student leaders that we fund:
- IEEE Canadian Foundation
- IEEE McNaughton Learning Resource
Centres - to establish, or upgrade
- IEEE Special Grants - for
- IEEE Canada Power Quality Scholarship -
at U of A and U of C
- IEEE Canada Vehicular Technologies Travel Grant
- IEEE Canada Vehicular Technologies Research Grant
- IEEE Canada Women In Engineering Prize
- IEEE Canadian Foundation Québec Science Fair Prizes
- IEEE Canada Major Awards - one at present
- Section Chairs - Please frame and present the certificate to the Scholarship holder within your Section at a suitable IEEE (Section
or Branch) Meeting.
- Promote the giving of donations to our foundation (tax receipts issued) in your newsletters.
- We have a PowerPoint presentation on our web site to provide an introduction to our foundation. Please view our web site at
your next Section executive meeting so you are familiar with who we are and what we do.
If you have any questions or suggestions, please use this page
of e-mail links.